One of the most famous guitars in Jerry Garcia's collection was Wolf, an Alembic guitar made in 1972. Used throughout his career, it was sold at auction for a staggering sum.
Our Further guitar is based on that custom guitar we made for Jerry all those years ago. With its versatile electronics, you can find all your favorite classic sounds and find many new tones awaiting you. Start with it clean and clear, and you'll find that when you add distortion or other effects through the onboard effects loop, you won't be distorting an already distorted signal, and the result is much more musical.
Of course the look is there too: gorgeous Quilted Maple top paired with a highly figured Flame Maple back are stunning with the Purpleheart core. We include 4 alternating veneers of Maple and Purpleheart between each side of
core for a fabulous bound effect. Surely you didn't miss the Wolf inlay below the tailpiece: our version is hand inlaid with Flame Walnut for the fur, and Buckeye Burl muzzle. White, golden and black Tahitian mother of pearl, abalone, agoya shell, sterling silver, custom red cast acrylic, and Ebony complete the detailed inlay.
As far as playability goes, this neck is smooth and fast with the satin feel. We setup with a very low action that can easily be raised at both the bridge and the nut if you play hard. The lower cutaway provides excellent
access to all 24 frets.
- Quilted Maple top, Flame Maple back, Purpleheart hollow core, Maple and Purpleheart accent pinstripes
- Ebony front peghead veneer
- High gloss polyester finish with satin neck feel
- 25.50" scale 5-piece Western Flame Maple, Purpleheart and Cherry through body neck with satin neck feel
- Ebony fingerboard with Mother of Pearl inlays
- Inlaid silver logo with Abalone and Mother of Pearl
- Custom Wolf medallion inlay
- Pickups: Alembic STR-HG-HG
- Controls: master volume, filter x3, off/on/bright for each pickup, off/on for onboard TRS effects loop, mono output
- 7.8 pounds