Inspired by the many custom basses we made in 2011 in the exotic color of black (hey, that's exotic for us!), Jim at Atlanta Bass Gallery took the plunge to have the only new black Alembic bass in the United States. It's dressed up with almost black hardware and black Tahitian mother of pearl inlays.
The Quilted Maple top and figuring of the Ash body can be readily seen through the stain. The wood combination yields a bright tone with distinctive mid-range. Medium scale length makes this an amazing slap bass. It's tiny, but it carries a big stick of tone!
Our Darling body has all the heritage of Alembic but with greatly reduced weight. This version also has tummy and elbow carving for even greater comfort.
- 3A Quilted Maple top Ash body
- Darling body shape with Omega carving
- 3-piece Maple neck with 2 Walnut pinstripes
- Black stain with high gloss polyester finish
- 32" medium scale, Ebony fingerboard, black Tahitian mother of pearl inlays
- side LEDs
- Pickups: Alembic MXY
- Controls: volume, pan, filter, Q, LED on/off, mono output
- Weight: about 8.5 pounds
Atlanta Bass Gallery
4451 Atlanta Rd. Ste. 124
Smyrna, GA 30080