The Essence may be our smallest bass, but there's nothing small about the tone. All the important stuff like a neck through body, massive brass bridge and classic Alembic low-pass filter are an all-access pass to Alembic tone. Bubinga top adds a touch of brightness without being brittle.
We haven't been using Bubinga too much lately, so when we ran across this handsome wood, we decided to make a couple for our showroom. Bubinga is one of those subtle woods, no loud alternating colors, no crazy grain, just sublime color and simple structure. The overall color is sort of a honey brown with dark violet-brown veins. These colors optically mix so from a distance, the wood has a rosy-brown tone.
We've added side LEDs and a Q switch so even this "little guy" has some custom touches.
- Bubinga, Purpleheart accent laminate, Maple pinstripe, Mahogany body
- 3-piece Maple neck with 2 Walnut pinstripes, Orion peghead shape
- High gloss polyester finish, satin neck feel
- 34" long scale, Ebony fingerboard
- Pickups: Alembic MXY
- Controls: volume, pan, filter, Q switch, on/off for LEDs, mono output
- Side LEDs in red
- Weight: about 9 pounds