A truly unusual bookmatch of Coco Bolo is the riveting top for this Essence bass. Exceptionally dark, this wood may even have your “wood head” friends wondering just what it is.
Our simple recipe combines a Maple accent laminate with a Mahogany body. The contrast of the white Mother of Pearl oval inlays on the Ebony fingerboard balances the contrast between the body and the neck.
Coco Bolo does account for a good pound of the weight, but the overall weight and balance still makes for a bass that you can play all night. We respectfully request that you do.
- Coco Bolo top, Maple accent laminate, Mahogany body
- 3-piece Maple neck with 2 Walnut pinstripes
- High gloss polyester finish, satin neck feel
- 34" long scale, Ebony fingerboard, Mother of Pearl oval inlays
- Pickups: Alembic MXY
- Controls: volume, pan, filter, mono output
- Weight: about 9.5 pounds
- Price includes hardshell case