As much as we love wood, we also think we do some pretty amazing things with tinted paints. With this Orion bass, Bob has painted our Oceanburst finish. Near the center it's a pale blue-green, then blends out to a deep green-blue. Most people that paint these bursts only express it on the front of the body, but we take advantage of every bursting opportunity: the back of the body, neck and front and back of the peghead each have their own burst of color.
Orion body shape balances well both with a strap while standing or just sitting on your lap. Tight, clean sound, with Quilted Maple's distinctive "shimmer" on the decay. Mahogany body keeps the sound versatile enough to play driving rock or smooth jazz sounds. It's also an excellent bass for slap playing.
- Quilted Maple top, Purpleheart pinstripe, Mahogany body
- 5-piece Maple set neck with 4 Walnut pinstripes
- Oceanburst finish
- 34" long scale, Ebony fingerboard
- Red side LEDs
- Pickups: Alembic MXY
- Controls: volume, pan, bass, treble, LED on/off switch, mono output
- Weight: about 11 pounds
- Price includes hardshell case
Los Angeles Showroom
2021 East 52nd St.
Vernon, CA 90058
(818) 889 0681 phone
(818) 889 9514 fax