We field questions like, "what wood is that?" and, "is that marble?" when people are in the shop and see Buckeye Burl for the first time. It's understandable too - with it's creamy native color, and dark green/blue/gray fungal stain, Buckeye Burl scarcely resembles wood.
Great tone follows every Alembic bass, and this is no exception. Excellent sustain with enough versatility to be comfortable in settings ranging from blues to slap. If things get too bright sounding, simply turn down the filter frequency controls.
Our Balance K body has all the heritage of Alembic but with greatly reduced weight and improved balance. This version also has tummy and elbow carving for even greater comfort. Such an easy bass to play, enhanced with a satin finish neck feel.
- Buckeye Burl top and back
- Balance K body shape with Heart Omega carving
- Tummy & Elbow contours
- 7-piece Maple and Purpleheart neck
- High gloss polyester finish, satin neck feel
- 34" long scale, Ebony fingerboard, black Tahitian mother of pearl oval inlays
- Blue side LEDs
- Pickups: Alembic AXY56
- Controls: volume, pan, filter x2, Q x2, LED on/off, mono output
181 Oxford Road, Suite 107
Fern Park, Florida 32730
Phone 407-740-5619 or 407-628-1213