Especially pretty bass! The Quilted Maple has depth and dimension, it looks carved, though the surface is perfectly flat. With a double accent laminate of Purpleheart with a Maple pinstripe, the wood combination is magical.
All this pretty Maple serves another purpose: tone. Say it with me, "tone." Emphasizing the highs, Maple gives a snappy bright sound to your playing that you can always scale back with a turn of the filter frequency controls if you want to explore the deeper end of the tone pool.
Our Balance K body has all the heritage of Alembic but with greatly reduced weight and improved balance. This version also has tummy and elbow carving for even greater comfort. Such an easy bass to play, enhanced with a satin finish neck feel.
- 5A Quilted Maple top and 3A back, Purpleheart accent laminate with Maple pinstripe, Mahogany body core
- Balance K body shape with Heart Omega carving
- 5-piece Maple and Purpleheart neck
- High gloss polyester finish, satin neck feel
- 34" long scale, Ebony fingerboard, abalone oval inlays
- Amber side LEDs with red at 12th and 24th positions
- Pickups: Alembic AXY
- Controls: volume, pan, filter x2, Q x2, LED on/off, mono output
- Weight: about 9 pounds
- Price includes hardshell case
Atlanta Bass Gallery
4451 Atlanta Rd. Ste. 124
Smyrna, GA 30080