This Signature Standard bass has several upgrades to enjoy. Nickel plated hardware, a 5-piece Maple and Purpleheart neck and a breathtaking Buckeye Burl top in a delightful blue-green natural shade, billowing over cloudy pale yellow. Many will drop their jaw in disbelief that the top laminate is wood, but we assure you it is!
The Buckeye Burl top laminate has densely packed burl clusters that give way to a two-directional flame pattern up around the truss rod cover. Check out the detail photos below for more views of this outstanding grain.
Neck through construction means massive sustain, with a nice built-in EQ "smile" tone. Purpleheart neck lamiantes add just a touch of brilliance to the tone. Fast satin-finished neck is an absolute joy to play. At under ten and a half pounds, this bass sounds as big and full as the large body Alembics, but with a good less weight.
- Blue-Green Buckeye Burl top, Purpleheart accent laminate, Maple pinstripe, Mahogany body
- 5-piece Maple and Purpleheart neck
- Balance K body shape with tummy and elbow contours
- Omega cutout
- High gloss polyester finish, satin neck feel
- 34" long scale, Ebony fingerboard, Abalone oval inlays
- Side LEDs in red
- Pickups: Alembic AXY
- Controls: volume, pan, low-pass filter x2, 2-position Q-switch x2, on/off for LEDs, mono output
- Weight: about 10.3 pounds
- Price includes hardshell case