We built this Signature Standard bass with so many custom features, it's anything but standard issue. Front and center is the gorgeous 5A Quilted Maple top. It's a light buttery golden color, and there's lots of motion on that ocean of wood.
On the flip side, the Mahogany back is outfitted with continuous wood backplates for a clean look and a little less heft than the brass ones. That second backplate houses the batteries for the side LEDs, in classic red. These are operated by a mini toggle switch, and are on a completely separate circuit from the bass' electronics.
Neck through construction gives oodles of sustain, with a nice built-in EQ "smile" tone. Purpleheart neck laminates add just a touch of brilliance to the tone. Fast satin-finished neck is an absolute joy to play. At just under ten pounds, you might even forget you're playing an Alembic, that is, if your ears weren't telling you otherwise.
- 5A Quilted Maple top, Purpleheart accent laminate, Maple pinstripe, Mahogany body
- 5-piece Maple and Purpleheart neck
- Balance K body shape with tummy and elbow contours
- Omega cutout
- High gloss polyester finish, satin neck feel
- 34" long scale, Ebony fingerboard, mother of pearl oval inlays
- Side LEDs in red
- Continuous wood backplates
- Pickups: Alembic AXY
- Controls: volume, pan, low-pass filter x2, 2-position Q-switch x2, on/off for LEDs, mono output
- Weight: about 9.9 pounds
- Price includes hardshell case