The Spyder basses are modelled after some of the basses we made for John Entwistle. They get their name from the inlays on the front of the body. The inlays are thick, solid sterling silver, and though they do age slightly over time with an amber tint, they look maaaahvelous!
And the tone? Well, suffice it to say everything you expect from Alembic is there: lots of sustain with clean, clear tone. But then there's more: this particular combination of woods makes for an extremely responsive bass with a very fast attack. That Walnut core really brings it on.
Surprisingly, the Spyder shape is one of the best balancing, though you'd never guess it by looking at it. The large upper body half keeps the neck at a comfortable 2:00 playing position without supporting the neck with your fretting hand.
This particular Spyder sports a long-cone peghead shape (many of the other Spyders featured the "V" shape peghead) and blue LEDs. The side LEDs are wrapped in sterling silver, so even when not illuminated, the position is easy to see. The front LEDs are a thousand times brighter, and really put on a show for the audience.
The Spyder 4-string is limited to 50 pieces. Only a handful remain.
- Flame Maple top, Walnut body, Flame Maple back
- Spyder body shape, V peghead shape
- Solid brass hardware with individual tailpieces
- Sterling silver spider web inlays on front
- 7-piece Maple and Purpleheart neck
- High gloss polyester finish
- 34" long scale, Ebony fingerboard, Mother of Pearl inlays
- Side LEDs in blue
- Front Laser LEDs in blue
- Pickups: Alembic AXY
- Controls: volume x2, filter x2, Q x2, LED on/off, mono/stereo switch
181 Oxford Road, Suite 107
Fern Park, Florida 32730
(800) 545 8813 phone