This sultry number is an Orion bass, dressed in California Walnut on the top. With set-neck construction, this bass is plenty punchy, with midrange not available on neck through instruments. Paired with the Walnut top, you're talking about slap bass tone that is a no-brainer, but with plenty of versatility to travel to blues and rock with ease.
California Walnut is a beautiful array of browns. This example looks like it's radiating out of the pickups. Walnut is one of the few woods that over time develops a lighter color. It's a slow process, but in 20 years, you'll notice it.
Simple to use electronics offer both cut and boost for bass and treble frequencies.
- California Walnut top, Maple accent laminate, Purpleheart pinstripe, Mahogany body
- 3-piece Maple set neck with 2 Walnut pinstripes
- High gloss polyester finish, satin neck feel
- 34" long scale, Ebony fingerboard
- Red side LEDs
- Pickups: Alembic MXY
- Controls: volume, pan, bass, treble, LED on/off, mono output
- Weight: about 10 pounds
1350 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94103-2615
phone: (415) 487-1755