Such a gorgeous Alembic bass! Buckeye Burl top looks like it's radiating from the neck. Burl figure, flame figure, dark fungal stain this bass has it all. A few upgrades are the icing on the cake: Purpleheart neck laminates, black Tahitian mother of pearl inlays and blue side LED position markers.
Of course, tone has made its home at Alembic, and this bass is no exception. With a separate low-pass filter frequency control and Q switch for each pickup, you have a huge range of control over your sound. If you have never played an Alembic bass before, it may surprise you that turning the knobs actually does something.
Our Balance K body has all the heritage of Alembic but with greatly reduced weight and improved balance. This version also has tummy and elbow carving for even greater comfort. Such an easy bass to play, enhanced with a satin finish neck feel.
- Buckeye Burl top, Purpleheart accent laminate with Maple pinstripe, Mahogany body
- Balance K body shape with Heart Omega carving
- Tummy and elbow contours
- 5-piece Maple and Purpleheart neck
- High gloss polyester finish, satin neck feel
- 34" long scale, Ebony fingerboard, black Tahitian mother of pearl inlays
- Blue side LEDs
- Pickups: Alembic AXY
- Controls: volume, pan, filter x2, Q x2, LED on/off, mono output
- Price includes hardshell case
813 Morrow Street