Spalted Maple is among the woods that your friends and family may have never heard of or seen. You'll be fielding questions about it like nobody's business. This stunning bass is capped with Maple that has both flame figuring and black spalt margins. The spalting is delicate and lacy, and is just as beautiful on the back as the front.
Great tone follows every Alembic bass, and this is no exception. Excellent sustain with enough versatility to be comfortable in settings ranging from blues to slap. If things get too bright sounding, simply turn down the filter frequency controls. Ebony central neck laminate makes a heavy foundation of pure fundamental sustain, even on the B string!
Our Balance K body has all the heritage of Alembic but with greatly reduced weight and improved balance. This version also has tummy and elbow carving for even greater comfort. Such an easy bass to play, enhanced with a satin finish neck feel.
Other custom options featured on this bass include the black Tahitian mother of pearl inlays, chrome hardware, and the beautiful continuous wood backplates and truss rod cover, even an inlaid logo! This bass is 100% custom, and 100% ready to ship. You don't need to wait for a custom to be built - call Tony at Planet Bass and enjoy this instrument in mere days, not months.
- Spalted Maple top and back
- Balance K body shape with Heart Omega carving
- Tummy & Elbow contours
- Continuous wood backplates
- Continuous wood truss rod cover
- 7-piece Maple, Purpleheart, and Ebony neck
- High gloss polyester finish, satin neck feel
- 35" Extra long scale, Ebony fingerboard, black Tahitian mother of pearl oval inlays
- Blue side LEDs inlaid in sterling silver circles
- Sterling silver inlaid logo with mother of pearl and abalone
- Pickups: Alembic AXY56
- Controls: volume, pan, filter x2, Q x2, LED on/off, mono output
- Chrome plated solid brass hardware
- weight: approx. 11.75 lb
12930 63rd Avenue North
Maple Grove, MN 55369